Monday, June 30, 2008

Our Charlotte Mason Beginnings

We are so EXCITED! We have our Nature Study Notebooks, we have fingerpaints, new colored pencils, new pencils, new crayons, and a couple of roll of old blue prints to fingerpaint on the back of.....We also have a turtle shell from Church Camp, frogs on our windows (this happens every year) and we have a new adventure starting today.

I forgot last Wednesday to take my kids to the library for the safety day and story time. I have been so busy with getting my house back in order and trying to get our school stuff organized that I havent had time to think of much else. So when I realized I forgot it, I immediatly felt bad, like a horrible mother. But Kylie came up with a solution. "Why cant we take a book to the park and read it Momma?" So that is what we are going to do sometime today. WE are going to take our blanket, some water, a book and a ziploc baggie for any nature finds that we have and we are going to the park. Crazy huh. We have no shade in our back yard and Jack will be mowing today so we couldnt very well go in the yard and have our nature study. The park has lots of big shady trees and lots of stuff to find and ducks to feed!

So we are in a very good mood around here!

What are you doing in your school this summer or are you even doing school this summer?

Many blessings and good luck!
Crystal

1 comment:

Jules said...

You are doing such a good job, Sis! Wish I could be there with ya'll. Love you

Google Search

Custom Search